Feb 29, 2008

We've Received an Update!

Horray! We've received some updated info on Owen! Unfortunately there were no pictures, but we're thrilled to get what we can.

Here's what we know...

Medical/Development:
He likes to talk, but his speech is not clear.


Personality:
His favorite toys are toy cars and toy guns.
He is closest to foster parents, older brother and another two kids (Wei Kang Qiao, Wei Kang Dan) from the orphanage.
He is affectionate to his familiar persons.
When told no, he will stop, but will be unhappy.
Giving him toys, have him bathe, changing into new clothes will make him happy. Being criticized will make him upset.

General:
He eats rice, soup, meat, vegetables, steamed bread, drinks boiled water, but he eats slowly.

As of yesterday he weighed 28.7 lbs and was 38.6 inches tall and he is seen as healthy.

I won't know what to do picking up less than 30 lbs! Cackie was 23 lbs at 10 mos! I'm so happy to get measurements on him. Now I have a better idea of what size clothes he will need. We just need that TA now so that we can figure out what season clothing we need to pack!

He sounds a lot like Cackie... likes to talk, affectionate, will be upset if criticized. I know they are going to be two peas in a pod! I can't wait to unite them!

2 comments:

ConverseMomma said...

I'm so excited to find another adoptive mommy in bloggy land. I adopted my son, domestically, after he was born in 06. I then went on to have a daughter biologically. Those two are the equal halves of my whole heart. Good Luck on your journey to bring home your beautiful son. Boys are wonderful, btw.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I'm so happy that you were able to get an update! That is my goal right now!!
Thanks for visiting my blog, we are still so excited!
Owen is the same weight as our Hanlin, 28lbs, although Hanlin is a year older! He needs some of my home cooking to fatten him up! LOL
It's great to see another TJ family!
Congratulations
Krista