Mar 3, 2008

It was just a matter of time...

It seems that since the first of the year kids in Cackie's class have been sick left & right. The flu, strep, pink eye, viruses, etc have been going around. But Cackie has been really healthy all this time.

Last week she started complaining of a headache or two and she started acting up a lot at school. She also started getting VERY emotional about EVERYTHING, the only other times she has been really sick were preceded by behaviour like this, so I worried that it was coming soon.
Sure enough, Saturday she woke up from her nap complaining of a headache and she seemed really warm. We gave her some ibuprofen and she was back to her normal self. Then, at 4:30 am she woke us up and she was SOOOO HOT! She's pretty much had a fever ever since. It's been anywhere from 99.5 to 104.1 depending on where she is in the meds cycle.
Just last week 2 kiddos in her class were diagnosed with strep, so to rule that out I took her to the pediatrician this morning. Good news is that it's not the flu and it's not strep, just a virus.
She's doing pretty well through it all. She still wants to play, just not as long as she usually does. Watching movies helps to keep her sitting still and resting. I don't usually let her watch so much TV, but if it helps her rest that's what she needs right now.

I'm just glad the fever didn't kick in until Saturday afternoon. Saturday morning we had breakfast with Amy & Michael from When Love Takes You In. I met Amy on the CCAI-April 2007 Yahoo Group that I started and when life got super crazy I turned it over to her. She's AWESOME and I was soo glad to meet her and her husband in person! Cackie's friends Glenys & Cassie met us too and it was a great to see them all over breakfast.

After breakfast we met up with a woman who I was buying a double stroller from. To put it lightly, she was just a little kooky, I'm glad our dealings with her are over. So, now we have a double stroller for our trip to China. I have a feeling it's going to come in VERY handy! I cleaned it up real well and washed the seat covers and put it all out on the porch yesterday to dry (it was a gorgeous 70 degress here!) Baby cat took the opportunity to lounge on it most of the afternoon. Cackie thinks it's cool and has already decided that she gets to sit in front and Owen in back.

After that little detour we went to the unpainted furniture store that is going out of business and were lucky enough to get matching chest of drawers for the kids room. Now I really need to finalize paint colors for their room so I can figure out what to paint the furniture.

The rest of the day we didn't do much. I haven't been feeling so great either, so we took it easy.

Yesterday I tagged a bunch of old clothes to sell at the consignment sale next month. I feel like I made some progress on that.

Today we haven't done much again. I'm worried that Michael & I may be coming down with the stomach thing that's going around. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I'm starting to not feel well at all.
Guess that's about it for now. No news on our TA today. Our visa applications will go to the Chinese Consulate tomorrow, just a small delay there with Cackie's application because she's a former Chinese citizen.
I'm off for medicine duty...

3 comments:

RamblingMother said...

Busy weekend. Glad you got the stroller settled and the furniture. That is cool.

Beverly

ConverseMomma said...

What kind of stroller did you get? I have a combi and love it. How exciting that you are all headed back to china. If we ever adopt again, I would like to adopt from china.

Couchkat said...

I hope you all feel better soon!

Rachel & crew