Nov 27, 2007
I’ve been writing this message over a series of days. Time has been so limited lately, that’s the only way I’ve been able to get all this out. Well, that and the fact that I’ve been down sick with a stomach virus and a really bad cold! Hopefully, I’ll be able to keep up better and not get so far behind.
Since my last update we’ve been pulled in 18 million different directions. I’ve tried a number of times to sit down and write about all of them, just haven’t been able to get caught up. So, quickly here are some of the things we’ve been up to.
· We took the trailer out for the first time when we went down to the Tennessee/Mississippi State foot ball game. My sister rode down there with us and we met my Mom, Dad & Uncle Donald there. It was a great weekend and we had a wonderful time.
· That same weekend we were waiting on pins & needles because we had learned about a birth mother who wanted to have her child adopted. It turned out that the mother took the baby and we don’t know what happened from there, but we can now say that we experienced a bit of th range of thoughts & emotions involved in domestic adoption.
· My poor Katie came down very sick with Pancreatitis and ended up spending the better part of a weekend in the hospital on an IV. Thankfully she is completely well now, but it was quite a scare for us at the time.
· We added a new kitty to our brood! One of the teachers at Cackie’s school found a kitten in their tool shed in the back yard and brought it to school to see if anyone would take it home. I got suckered in with how cute she was and brought her home for the night. Poor thing was just covered in flea eggs, so I took her to the vet to get her checked out. She’s been with us ever since. Cackie loves her kitty and has named her Georgie since she’s curious like Curious George.
· Our good friend, Tom, had quintuple bypass surgery a few weeks ago. We were very worried about him and said our share of prayers for him. He did have a few complications, but now he’s doing well and we are soo very thankful.
· Work has been super busy for both Michael & I. He’s been taking more day trips, which has just worn on him even more.
· I’ve been sick with the same sinus infection for weeks. I’ve seen the doctor much more than I would like because the darn thing just doesn’t want to go away! Now the antibiotics that I was taking have given me a rash, lovely!
· A couple of weeks ago, Cackie & I took a weekend trip to visit my Mom & Dad and go to the UT football game in Knoxville. UT whooped up on Arkansas and it was a great game. Cackie liked showing off Mommy’s new car and getting the chance to see her LaoLao, LaoYe and Aunt Caryn.
· School has been absolutely kicking my butt! You’d think that a CPA would do well in an accounting class, right. Well, it’s been quite a struggle for me this semester. Not sure if it’s just a bad book, bad teacher, or the fact that it’s an online class that is making it the hardest.
Wow! All this in less than two months. No wonder I’m tired. Of course there have been CCAA updates and referrals along the way, I’ll try to get those updated as well. I’ll try to get some pictures added in later, too. (we’ve got some really good ones!)