Feb 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day!

Things worked out great for me today, I didn't have to go to work! I had my two week follow up appointment with my ENT this morning and I had to take a percocet before the appointment, so I took the day off of work. I'm SOOO glad I did!

Michael took me to my appointment and we had planned to go out for lunch afterwards. Unfortunately, on the way home I started to really feel the effects of the percocet, motion sickness, nausea & sleepiness set in. So, I came home crawled in bed and slept off the effects of the pill. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my day, but it was much better than being sick!

The doc says I look good and I can finally blow my nose! YAY! I don't have to go back to see him for another month.

Since Michael was taking me to the doc this morning, I had his valentine present delivered to his office yesterday...


Yes, these are chocolate covered jalapenos! The other night on the news we saw a story about them and he was practically drooling the whole time. So, I scoured the internet and found a place to order them that would ship right away. He had no clue what the package was and was truly surprised!









Here's another pic. They came covered in dark chocolate, milk chocolate & white chocolate. Michael says they're yummy, I'll just have to take his word on that one!








When Cackie & I got home last night there was a surprise package from Aunt Caryn, so we opened it together. She was soo excited to see that Aunt Caryn had sent her kisses and lip gloss, too! Thank you Aunt Caryn.


After opening Aunt Caryn's package I let Cackie open the package that came last week from Uncle Donald.
She was soooo excited to get the stickers, especially since she also recieved a card from her LaoLao & LaoYe with stickers in it. We've been covered in heart stickers ever since!
After dinner we let her have the big chocolate chip cookie that was in the heart tin. She thought that was just the coolest!
Tomorrow night I get to enjoy my Valentine's gift... a massage! Cackie will go over to her MawMaw & Grandad's house and Michael & I will get to have a date night. It's been a while and it should be nice.
We'll need to get a good night's sleep so that we can take advantage of the child free house on Saturday. Michael has gotten all the old flooring up in the bedroom and the new flooring just came in, so he'll be busy with that. Last Sunday I was able to get most of the walls painted in the bathroom, but I need to finish that up and try to get the trim paint completed. Once that's done I can start working on the stencils that I've picked out. I've never stenciled before, so it should be quite an experience, lol!

No comments: