Feb 26, 2008

Quick Update

I just have time for a quick update, but have some news that I wanted to share.

First, last week I had contacted Brian Stuy at www.research-china.org to see if he could get finding ads for Tianjin. His website does not list Tianjin as one of the places that he had ad from, but I went out on a limb to see if he might know of a way to get one. Another Tianjin family contacted him as well and early in the week they found out that he did in fact have their child's ad. So, I was anxiously waiting to see if I would hear back from him.
On Saturday, just before we left the house, I got an email saying that he did in fact have Owen's finding ad! I ordered it immediately and can't wait for it to get here. The picture will be before Owen's lip surgery, so it will be interesting to see the extent of the cleft in his lip.

I also contacted Brian about getting a better copy of Cackie's finding ad. We were given a copy by our guide in China, but it's just a scratchy photo copy and I'm hoping to get a clearer picture for her memory book.

Also, we are sitting on edge waiting for a phone call from our agency. One family received their TA (travel approval) last week and three more received TA yesterday. We're pretty much expecting that it could be any time now that we get our TA! Once we get that we can seriously sit down with the calendar and figure out when we can travel. We have some business obligations in the way and then there are some complications of holidays and trade fairs in China, but our agency won't even discuss it with us until they have that TA in hand.
Even though it will likely be May before we travel, I'm anxious to get that TA and start making plans! Keep your fingers crossed that we have some good news soon.

Last thing....
Back on Feb 4th our agency requested updated information on Owen. We'd really like some new pictures, but just measurements would help us a lot. We still haven't heard anything yet, but I'm still holding out hope that we will hear something. Please think good thoughts that we'll receive something soon.
That's all for now....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi
We just accepted a referral for a little boy, turning 4, from Tianjin.

We are so excited, although I haven't been able to get much information as he is in foster care.

congratulations

Krista Dolan