Feb 4, 2008

LOA!!!

Whoo hoo! Owen, we're getting closer to you sweetie!
Today we got an awesome surprise when I got an email from our agency saying that we were not only through the match room, but that they had our Letter of Acceptance in hand!
Yay!
The letter will be here tomorrow and we need to sign it and send it back ASAP. The CCAA is closed a week for Chinese New Year starting on the 6th, so our completed LOA will be waiting for them when they return from their holiday.
Our agency anticipates that we'll have our TA (travel approval) two to three weeks after the CCAA gets back from their holiday.

So, this evening I've been posting a whole bunch of stuff on eBay trying to clean out stuff and make a little extra money to help send Aunt Caryn to China. Right now I'm downloading our next travel packet from our agency with info about preparing for travel and sending off for our visas.
Tomorrow night I'm going to make Michael sit down and detail his working schedules so that I have an idea of when I can tell our agency that we can travel. We're hoping for mid to late April, keep your fingers crossed!
We're so excited about this news! I've updated my work about the upcoming changes and I spoke with the director of our daycare about getting Owen in classes when we come home. I did go into work a little today and I'm glad I did. Until we leave I need to be training one of the staff accountants to fill in for me while I'm out and the sooner we start the better.
We've also started talking with Cackie about our upcoming travel and the changes that will happen when Owen joins our family. We did a lot of that before my surgery and I think it really helped her to handle it well, so all the prepping we can do should help a lot.

The weather here is TOTALLY crazy! It's 9:30 pm and it's 65 degrees outside and the humidity is aweful. We have the front door open to get some fresh air! We're supposed to get some really strong storms tomorrow, so we'll be going to vote early and hopefully we will avoid any bad weather when we go to Cackie's gymnastic lesson tomorrow night.
I guess that's about it for now. Great news today! We are sooo excited!

No comments: