Feb 13, 2008

Yes Sweetheart

3:30 am this morning...
Michael gets out of bed and goes downstairs. I didn't hear anything (probably because I was sleeping), but I listen carefully. After a few minutes Michael comes back upstairs and gets in bed.
About 2 minutes later, I hear from downstairs.... "DADDDDDYYYYY (in a very bossy, annoyed, 3 year old voice) DADDDDYYYYYYY" Michael jumps up, runs to the top of the stairs saying "yes sweetheart". "DAAAAADDDDDDYYYYY, YOU LEFT MY DOOR OPEN."
Michael runs down the stairs, takes care of the problem and comes back upstairs.
(At this point, I don't think he knows that I'm awake. But, I couldn't resist the opportunity to point out how "wrapped" he is).

As Michael is walking back in the room I say, "you never call me sweetheart when I'm bossing you around". I think I got some silly comment back in response.

Apparently Cackie had fallen out of bed, so Michael had to go down and help her. She was calling for me, but I didn't hear her (gotta get that baby monitor turned up), so Daddy ran to her rescue (and let me sleep, too!). Good Daddy!

Fast forward to 7:30 am...
Michael & I are upstairs finishing getting ready for the day and Cackie is downstairs eating her breakfast and watching cartoons.
We hear from downstairs... "DADDDDDYYYYY (in a very bossy, annoyed, 3 year old voice) DADDDDYYYYYYY". Michael turns to me and says "am I being summoned?".

"Yes, I believe you are.... and the proper response to her is "yes sweetheart".

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

what is it with these city girls and their bossy ways?

Beverly