Feb 14, 2008

Starting to get ready!

Well, it's that time... I need to start getting everything ready for our trip to China. I've got to put together our packing list and start rounding up all the things we need to take. I've gotten some great ideas for packable toys from the different yahoo groups that I'm on and I need to start trying to find some of those now.
I think we're also going to try to get a double stroller for the trip. I had watched one on eBay yesterday and totally got busy doing something else and forgot to bid on it. It didn't sell, so I emailed the seller... hopefully she'll email me back. If that doesn't work out I need to keep checking eBay & Craig's List to come up with one.
I'm also going to try to put together a portable picture dictionary with important things that Owen might need or want. Basic needs like potty, milk, water, sleep, hungry will come in real handy. I want to make it so that I can throw it in the backpack and take it with us wherever we go. Any suggestions for what to include?
I'm also trying to find a good english/chinese picture dictionary, one that has the words in pinyin for us to help understand what he is saying. I've seen a number of them, but don't know which ones are worth buying. If anyone has a picture dictionary that they like, please let me know.
This time I feel more overwhelmed than I did when we travelled to get Cackie. I think it's because she will be there with us, so that's another person's stuff to worry about. But, I also think some of it is due to the fact that Owen is older. Last trip we spent a lot of time in our hotel room because Cackie was taking 2 - 3 naps a day. This time I expect that we'll be looking for parks to take the kids to play at. It will be a lot of fun, but the overwhelmed feeling comes from that unfamiliarity.
OK, so now I'm off to search for pictures!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So will you guys still be in town end of Feb/ March 1-2??????

email me if you want to try to meet

amy
lid 4/23/07

Patricia said...

Wow, You are already?! I wish I could say the same! Hope we both receive TA soon!
Patricia