Feb 1, 2008

I survived!

Well, I survived my sinus surgery on Tuesday. Don't remember much after the surgery, just came home crashed in the chair and then I was ushered upstairs before Cackie came home from school. I crashed after that, practically didn't move all night!
Wednesday I went back to the doctor and was told that I could remove the "mustache" bandage. Thank goodness! The doc says I look good and he won't need to see me for two weeks.
The worst part now is that I can't blow my nose! I really, really wish I could, but I'm sure it would hurt like heck if I did.
Really, you couldn't look at me and tell that I just had surgery. There are more signs of the surgery on my left hand from the IV than you can tell from my face. I feel like I'm getting better, basically recovering from a really bad sinus infection. My nose does hurt, just putting on chapstick hurts when I rub my lips together. And, this afternoon when I took my shower I discovered that washing my face is not quite as easy as it was before. I've got to be real careful about touching my face for a while.
I've enjoyed my time off relaxing. I've done some work on the computer and I've made some good progress on Owen's blanket. But, the rest has been the best part and just what I needed.
I'm thinking I'll go into the office on Monday for a few hours, then maybe take a nap before I have to pick Cackie up from school.
OK, Cackie is headed to bed and I'm going to do some more knitting. Tomorrow we've got quite a few things planned and I need to be well rested!

No comments: