Feb 3, 2008

Let the Demolition Begin!

Bwah hahahaha!
Most people would get upset hearing splintering wood and loud banging on just the other side of their living room. But, not me! To me it means progress!
Michael got down and tore out the bedroom carpet today to assess the condition of the floor beneath. He came to what we've been figuring all along... the old floor needs to be ripped out. So he started in on the demolition of the old hardwood. YAY!
He got as much done as he could in a short time. It's a lot more tiring than he remembers, lol!
This evening we had a "picnic" on the living room floor while watching the Super Bowl. It was great and Cackie had a blast. She was so wound up, I didn't think she was ever going to fall asleep.
For me, it was nice to get in one more afternoon nap. Hopefully I'll get one tomorrow after I do a few hours at the office. (fingers crossed) My big news is that I sneezed for the first time since my surgery. Actually I sneezed lots of times. I can't blow my nose, so it was difficult making myself stop. It hurt a little, but not as much as I had worried that it did. I just wish I could blow my nose!
OK, the super bowl is over and I'm off to bed. Hopefully I can load these pictures tonight, but if Blogger keeps giving me fits I'll try tomorrow.

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

glad to know you survived surgery. Will the demolition continue for gili's bday? is it still this Fri at your house?