Apr 26, 2008

THREE!

This evening...
Me: "OMG! In 3 days we're going to China"
Michael: "Don't worry, that's nothing compared to the fact that we're bringing home a little boy."

He's sooo right! Getting to China will be a breeze. Hopefully bringing Owen home will be as well, but we just can't be sure right now.

So, we're just 3 days away! Last night was our last night just Cackie, Michael & I. Cackie & I got home a little late, but then we headed to the store to do some last minute shopping for Michael's items. After that we had a great dinner out. It was a really nice night together.
This morning we got up early and headed to our favorite coffee shop for breakfast. The last time Michael & I had been to this coffee shop was on 5/25/05, the morning that we left Memphis to get Cackie. We can't believe that it's been soo long since we were there, but we vowed to take both the kids back real soon!
We had a great morning until my mother in law called to say that my step son was creating problems. All I can hope is that he at some point realizes where he went wrong and corrects his mistakes. Then, we headed home and found a horrible surprise. Our sweet Baby cat was laying in the street across from our house. She had been hit by a car and was long gone. She had grown on Michael & I very much, especially in the last few years and we will miss her terribly. Baby cat, your biscuits were the BEST!
After we got over that, Cackie & I headed to Hallie's birthday party. It was wonderful to be surrounded by such great friends and have such a good time!
After we got home and Cackie went down for her nap, Aunt Caryn arrived. It was then that soo much of this became real. We're going to China!
Caryn & I worked on getting the majority of our misc stuff into our suitcases and now we're really close to being ready to go. Tomorrow we will finish up the packing, run a few errands and that's about it.
Whoo hoo! We're just hours away from heading to China!

4 comments:

wingepr said...

Deanna
The moment is here and it wont be long until you get that sweet little boy.

Keeping you in my prayers for a safe Wonderful Trip.

Peggy

Natalie said...

We will be in Tianjin at the same time as you, so I hope to meet you on Gotcha day. Enjoy your journey!

Natalie

Julie and Steve said...

So sorry to hear about your cat :(

...but very excited to follow your journey to Owen! You will be meeting him on my birthday - happy, HAPPY Cinco de Mayo!!!

Laurie said...

So sorry about your cat. I have two furbabies myself.

CAN NOT WAIT to follow your journey to Owen -- I'll be praying for ALL of you!

Laurie
CCAI March/April and WCP