Apr 16, 2008

Don't Forget to Take Your Vitamins


Thirteen days to go! Yippee!


I woke up this morning to a surprise email from the American who volunteers at Owen’s orphanage. He wanted to share that he had seen Owen yesterday and that he is doing well. The bad news is that he doesn’t think that Owen has received any of the packages that we have sent to him. It sounds like there is still a possibility, but we may never know for sure. Either way, at least we know and I still have plenty of time to reprint most of the pictures to take with us. We want to be able to show him pictures of his MawMaw, Grandad, LaoLao & LaoYe and of course all the various animals around our house!

The rest of what he shared is why we need to make sure we’re taking our vitamins. Here’s what
he wrote…

"His teachers, I think, find him a bit of a handful. They were wondering when he was leaving. I am not entirely sure if this is because they don't want to be surprised or because they are looking forward to a little rest. (Hmm... maybe I shouldn't tell you things like that...) "

I started laughing when I read this! This totally could have been written to describe Cackie. Sounds like he & Cackie will be double trouble! I’m going to make sure I warn the teachers at school when I pick Cackie up today. They’ve handled her well, so I have complete trust that they can handle anything!

Today is my day to start packing. We’re leaving work early to attend Chuck’s funeral and after that I will head to the house to start the massive task. I have a lot of downsizing to do, ought to be fun!

1 comment:

Caryn said...

Looks like Cackie just might have a partner in crime! ;) Are you sure they're not related?