Apr 28, 2008

ONE!

In less than 24 hours we will be on our way!
 
I'm at work now, everything is finished, even took care of our last minute banking needs at the credit union... now I'm just here for a little longer available to answer questions.  When I leave here I'm headed to Michael's office to have lunch with him (yummy Mexican!) and then I'm off to finish up some stuff.  Just a few last minute items to pick up and stuff in the suitcases.
Then at 3pm I've got my monthly massage scheduled!  That is going to feel sooo good.  After that I'll work on some things at the house and pick Cackie up from school.
 
Tonight we plan to go to Bosco's for dinner.  That is where Michael & I went almost 3 years ago the night before we left for China to get Cackie.  Guess we're being superstitious, but we want everything to go just as well this trip.
 
The only really hard thing to do today is get the carryon bags packed.  I've got to figure out how to get everything I need in my stuff, but once that's done we're ready to go.
 
My mom & dad will get here this afternoon and will take us to the airport sooo early in the morning.  Our flight leaves at 6 am and we need to check in 2 hours ahead of time, yuck!
But, once we arrive in Chicago we have a couple hour layover and my Uncle Donald will be meeting us there to spend some time with us.  Cackie is totally excited about that, but I think she's expecting him to go on to China with us, lol!  She's gonna be disappointed!
 
I hardly slept last night, even though I was absolutely exhausted, so maybe that's a blessing and I'll be able to get to bed early and get a couple of hours in.  That would be really nice.  Although, I don't really expect to get much sleep, I'm pretty much at the point of overwhelmed excitement and I don't know if sleep will happen.
 
I hope to get in one more post before we leave.  Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Margaret M said...

I can't wait to follow your journey!!!! I will pray for you and your family and that Owen transitions well!!!

Marshamlow said...

Have a fun trip. We went on vacation to Beijing in 2006 and had a great time, everyone there was very kind and the food was wonderful. My husband is in the military and we were stationed in Japan, I guess traveling to China for a family vacation sounds a little exotic but it was cheaper than coming back to America to visit family and a trip of a lifetime. I hope you get the chance to see the great wall and the forbidden city while you are there. And congrats in advance on the your new addition to the family.

Marshamlow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.