Apr 25, 2008

FIVE!

Well, I missed another day... wish I could say it was because we had our noses to the grindstone and we got tons done, but nope. My in-laws came over to spend a little time with Cackie and we went out to dinner with them. It was a good night. It was nice to veg out a bit. Michael & I even got to watch my two favorite shows (Grey's Anatomy & ER) after Cackie went to bed. I got a good amount of work done on Owen's blanket, too. I'm almost 2/3 of the way finished, it will definitely keep me busy on that 13.5 hour flight to Beijing!

Speaking of Cackie... I'm starting to get quite perturbed with her. Yesterday I picked her up from school to find her sitting on the bench with the teacher, not running around playing with the other kids. It seems that she had a problem with spitting yesterday and wouldn't stop, even after she was repremanded a number of times. Oy Vey! What is going through her little mind?
I know this is all in reaction to the changes that are about to take place, heck her whole little world is going to be rocked upside down in a little more than a week, but what's with starting this crap soo soon? She's had no TV for two days now and won't get any on Friday either.
She had asked if she could take her favorite yogurt treats to school on Monday to share with her friends before she leaves and I had agreed whole heartedly (how do you disagree to a kid taking yogurt to school?), but I've warned her now that if she doesn't behave there will be no yogurt treats on Monday. Maybe that will help to get through to her. We'll see...

No comments: