May 1, 2007

We have a trailer!

Yay! Michael got home Thursday evening safe & sound with our new camping trailer. He brought it home from Selma, AL after dealing with rain, wind and no brake lights! Yes, that's right, no lights on the trailer! I was soo thankful when he got home!

The trailer needs some more work than we had anticipated, most of the electrical system was scavenged and it needs a pretty good cleaning, but it's all work we can do and after it's done we'll have a pretty cool camper.

Michael spent the weekend reading the manuals and making parts lists while I did as much studying as I could. I was pretty busy, so I didn't get out and get a picture.... but this is the one from the GSA website...
So, now we start buying parts and making repairs. We've rented a parking space for it at at self-storage facility not far from the house. It will work out real well because Michael can go there and work on it without having to have it sit on the street. First priority.... brake lights!
I hope it doesn't take long to make the repairs, we're all anxious to do some camping.
Michael measured Cackie over the weekend, she's gotten SOOO tall lately. She measures in at 38.75 inches and weighs 36.5 lbs! And it's still 2 1/2 months before she turns 3! I did my own check on the growth chart and she's in the 95th percentile for both height & weight on the American charts. I'm sure she doesn't even fit the Chinese charts anymore.
I'm just glad that I can still pick her up! Yesterday was a trying day for her and I ended up having to pick her up and carry her out of the school building. It was pretty warm yesterday afternoon and I had just picked up Katie from the vet, so she was waiting in the car. I couldn't dawdle around the way Cackie likes and she got pretty upset with me. She's in this stage of constantly arguing with us (think of the Genesis song, That's All "I could say day, and you'd say night tell me it's black when I know that it's white) and she just put her foot down and didn't want to leave. So, I had the most joyful ride home with a raging, screaming toddler in the backseat, yay me!
We thought she had learned from our little mishap, but just after dinner (at least she waited until after dinner) she started yelling at Michael and in her push toddler voice said "Do you hear me, I don't like it". I thought Michael was going to spit flames! Within minutes she was in bed.
Poor thing, I sure hope tonight is a better night!

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

Whoa Cackie who is the bad a**. I know all about those "DO YOU HEAR ME?!" remarks. I get them too from the three year old.

Beverly