May 2, 2007

Happiness is...

Happiness is…
Seeing your daughter & your husband goof off on the couch.
Giving birth doesn’t create this experience… It just takes being a Mommy!
I love these moments!
Here they are making "farting" noises on their arms....
And seconds later she was upside down!

I had a night off tonight, no studying, just spending time with my favorite girl & guy! We walked down the street to the little restaurant, had a great dinner and walked home. I’ve been pretty stressed lately, so it was a lot of fun!

On the way home we talked about how next Friday will be the “Mother’s Day Brunch” at Cackie’s school. I have to admit that I’m a little nervous about it. Half of the moms in her class have either had babies recently or are currently pregnant. Even with Cackie in my life, this still makes me anxious. Somehow I still feel inadequate. It’s not that I didn’t change sloppy poopie diapers or deal with a colicky baby. It’s that I never grew a child in my womb that makes me feel this way. This will never go away and I do need to learn to deal with it, but honestly it can be very hard. I believe that most women are hard-wired to want to birth a child. I would love to grow a baby in my womb, but the actual giving birth part scares me to death!
So, to continue my story… I was anxious about going to the “Mother’s Day Brunch” next week at Cackie’s school. Michael & I talked about it and I bought a t-shirt to wear that will let everyone know that I’m expecting just like they are/have been! When it comes in I’ll post a pic of me wearing it! I’m such a rebel! (I’m buying some other stuff, too. These will be fun to wear and give as gifts!)

Well, in case you haven’t guessed… I survived my dental procedure today. I was numb until after lunch (the dentist said he used less drugs than he uses to numb my right side!), and after the numbness wore off I was very sore. But, I’m doing OK now and hopefully tomorrow I won’t know that anything happened!

OK, that’s about it for today! Tomorrow back to GMAT studying… 10 more days and it will all be over!

No comments: