May 11, 2007

Stressful week...

It’s been a few days without an update, mostly because things around here haven’t improved too much and the thought of typing it all out has been somewhat depressing...
We brought Jackson home on Saturday. I’m not sure who’s more pitiful, him or Bruno. Jackson seems to be adjusting to his splint pretty well. He does chew on it and Michael has been keeping it covered in duct tape. But, he’s getting around quite well. He has definitely become calmer, it’s almost sad that he can’t jump around like he did before.
Bruno is so pitiful because he really misses Jackson. We let him out so that the two of them can play, but Jackson tires easily and Bruno is really too rough for him. Bruno is learning though and hopefully this will calm him down some as well. Michael teases that he wants to put a cast on Bruno’s leg too, just to calm him down. Sometimes I think it’s not such a bad idea!
With Jackson slowed down and interacting with us more, he and Cackie have become best buddies. She’ll hug on him and talk to him in the sweetest voice… “does your leg hurt, buddy?” “are you OK?” “come here Jackson, I love you”. It really is too cute! I can’t wait till their both old enough that Jackson can sleep with her at night.
So, back to Saturday… we had invited some friends over to have some Mexican food & margaritas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. As our day went downhill we decided that we’d order in from our favorite Mexican restaurant to help relieve some of the stress. When I called to place our order they told me that they weren’t doing to-go orders because they were super busy. Great! Then the power went out at the house about 30 minutes before our friends were supposed to arrive! Thankfully the power was back on about 20 minutes later, but we still had no dinner. Michael ran up to the store to get stuff for fajitas, but the mess involved and the stress of trying to cook dinner overwhelmed me. I freaked out and we decided to just order pizza and try to relax. We really needed some relaxing and I think it did us good.
We didn’t end up moving the hot tub until Sunday morning. Zack came over and he, Michael & I were able to get it moved. Poor Cackie had to stay strapped in her carseat while we loaded it and unloaded it, but I think the trauma was minimal. The rest of Sunday was pretty laid back. I tried to study as much as I could and Michael did some work around the house. Thankfully no more toilets were clogged and no more puppy legs were broken!
The new joyful experience was an increasingly painful tooth for me. I had the crown put on last week, but on Thursday or Friday it started to hurt some. By Sunday it was really painful and very sensitive to both hot & cold. I know from my previous experiences that this was not a good sign and would likely mean a root canal.
So, Monday I called the dentist first thing and got an appointment at noon. Sure enough a root canal was in order. This was my 4th root canal in 2 years and with each one my stress level has increased. Thank God for laughing gas! The dentist hardly had any trouble numbing me for my crown last week, but on Monday he had some trouble. I felt VERY numb, so much so that the back of my tongue was numb and swallowing was difficult. But, when he started drilling I could feel it, pretty bad too. He ended up starting the procedure and I go back next week to finish it up. I was really worried about pain, so I took the rest of the afternoon off of work and went home and took some meds. Since I was home I did some studying while the house was quiet and felt like I made some progress. The tooth feels pretty good now, every once in a while I feel some tenderness, but not much. This is a HUGE relief to me!
Tuesday at work, we had a couple of power outages because of some construction in the area. Of course this caused our servers to go down and our accounting system to have problems. Yay! That was a lot of fun!
I’ve had to give up on my pictures of Cackie for a few days because things have been so busy. I had taken some great ones of her and Jackson, but the media card on the camera decided to malfunction and the pictures were lost. Just another thing that screwed up! Thank goodness the camera was not the problem!
The rest of our week has just been constantly busy. I’ve been studying as much as I can… tomorrow is the big test and I can’t wait to be done with it! Things have been gloomy dealing with Zack and his lack of a job. Michael’s business is slow so that doesn’t help moods either.
I’m really hoping that things start looking up around here! It’s sad, but I can’t wait to be done with this test so that I can give the house a good cleaning! I have piles of laundry and floors that need to be vacuumed… when that is done is should help my spirits at least!
A good score on my test tomorrow sure would be a good way to start the ball rolling…

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

Good luck on your test. If it is the GRE I just remember it being like the ACT. You will do fine.

Beverly