May 18, 2007

Cackie'isms

I’ve been meaning to write these down to keep them for later years. Here’s a few that I can think of now and I’ll add more as they come up or as I remember them…
-The other morning she was real quiet in the car on the way to school. That’s not like her so I asked if she was feeling OK. She said that she didn’t feel good and then I could hear that her breathing was kinda heavy because she was congested. I asked her if her nose was stuffy and she told me, yes Mommy… I’m snoring.


-Cackie’s Chinese name is Fu meaning good luck. I have a silver charm that I wear on my necklace a lot that is the Chinese character, Fu. When I wear it, I often talk with her about what the symbol means and that it is her Chinese name. She’s learning that her Chinese name is Fu Xia and that it means Good Luck Summer. So, one day I was wearing my charm and she said that’s my Chinese name. I said yes, what is your Chinese name? Her reply was…. Mary. Don’t know where that came from.


-Michael took her over to his Mom’s so that Cackie could spend the night. She was sitting with him on the couch and was about to get up to go play, but stopped before hand to give him a hug & a kiss. A few minutes later he got up to leave and asked if she was going to come give him a hug & a kiss. Her reply was “I already”. (as in, do I really need to do that again?)


-Cackie is starting to develop favorite foods, colors, etc. She has been showing a real preference for the color orange lately. I have not influenced this (mostly because I know it drives Michael nuts), because I want her to choose her favorites. But, it is very obvious that she really likes orange. I picked her up from school the other day and in her file was a painting that she had done, all in orange. On the way home we were talking about what she did at school and I asked if she painted the picture. Here’s how the rest of the conversation went…
C – yes, it’s orange
D – Do you like orange?
C – Yes, it’s my favorite. I love it.
D – Did your LaoYe (my dad, Chief Big Orange) get to you?
C – Yes, he like orange a lot.
She figured that one out quick!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She sounds precious..I love your posts