Feb 27, 2007

Out of our hands now....

Well, it's off! Michael just got back from dropping off our dossier at FedEx! It is officially on it's way to CCAI, just two months, one week and one day after we started paperchasing. Yahoo!!!

Yesterday we got our I-171H back from the courier in DC. I was anxious to get the rest of our documents back and was stalking the USPS website to see if our Express Mail package had gotten logged in. We went to bed last night with no sign of our package, so I figured it would be another day.

Then, this morning around 10am Michael called and said "It's here!". I couldn't believe it, but he had our package in his hands!

So, we ordered dinner in and I made copies and gathered everything together while Michael printed out some additional passport photos to include. We put everything together and took it down to the FedEx dropoff before their final pickup of the night. It's headed to CCAI's office in Atlanta, so it doesn't have very far to go. They should get it first thing in the morning and start the critical review process. After critical review they will translate it and then send it to the CCAA in Beijing. All this should hopefully take about 2 weeks.

Ever wonder what an entire dossier looks like at this point? Here's what we sent off...
And here's the all important FedEx box that Michael just dropped off.
I had to say a little prayer as I put everything in the box, I remember doing that with our dossier for Cackie and it worked then so it can't hurt now!
I'll update soon, hopfully we'll be DTC (dossier to China) ASAP!

2 comments:

Kim said...

CONGRATS TO YOU GUYS!!!
I'm so happy for you!!!
Still waiting on my I171H. Contacted USCIS and they said another 2 weeks. I can't believe it!! I'm really bummed.
Glad for you guys though. Let us know when you are DTC!!!

Cheers,
Kim

Kim said...

Deanna,
I GOT IT!!!! I HAVE MY I171H!!!! YAHOO!!! Got it in the mail today! Getting in notarized tomorrow at my bank then Monday doing everything else (even taking it to Nashville myself to get it authenticated). I'm hoping for a mid March DTC. Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes!!!

Cheers,
Kim (almost DTC for Megan Jean)