Feb 18, 2007

Great News!

Wow, what a week it was!

On Friday the 9th we woke up to icy roads in Memphis. Not everything stopped (amazingly) but the overpasses on the interstates were pretty icy, so the FedEx truck couldn't get from the airport to the distribution station. So, we didn't end up getting the package from the State Department until Monday.

But, the good news is that my birth certificate came from NY at the same time! That was a great surprise, I hadn't even stalked the FedEx website to see if the package was on it's way, lol!

So, I got everything ready on Tuesday and sent a huge package off to the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC. My timing wasn't so great because they had a bunch of nasty weather and the package wasn't delivered until Friday. No worries, right??! We're in no rush, right??!

Surprise... surprise... our I-171H came in the mail on Friday! We were totally shocked! We weren't expecting it for at least another 2 weeks!

Don't believe me? Well, here it is....
(sorry, I blurred it since it's such an official document)
So, now I need to move fast and get the I-171H through all the authentication steps ASAP. Hopefully the rest of our documents will come in from the Embassy about the same time as the I-171H and then we can send them all to our agency together. Wow! How exciting! We are soo happy to be almost done! Less than 2 months into the paperchase and we're almost at the finish line! Yahoo!

No comments: