Feb 18, 2007

Happy New Year!

It's the year of the Boar (or the Golden Pig), a lucky year in China!
It's getting late, but I wanted to share these with everyone.

On Friday I got an email that my mom was sending a package our way. I knew that she was working on some presents for Chinese New Year and I just figured they were for Cackie.
I was surprised when I opened them up and they were for me!
Here's the beautiful bracelet & earrings that mom made for me...


And, here's the coins tied with red thread that should bring wealth. We've hung these by the front door...

Mom sent me a detailed meaning of the coins and the knots, but as I said it's getting late and I need my beauty sleep! So, I'll try to post the meaning of everything in the next day or so!

Enjoy and Happy New Year!

No comments: