Feb 22, 2007

Busy week

It has been a busy week. On Monday, Michael had our I-171H notarized and he took it to the County Clerk’s office for authentication. I was gathering everything together that evening when I realized that the Clerk’s authentication was dated on the 18th, but the notary was the 19th. That will not fly with China and I freaked out!
So, I had Tuesday off to take care of the I-171H. We had a bunch of stuff to take care of… Michael got the oil changed on my car, I got a money order for the Chinese Embassy at the Post Office and then I took the I-171H back to the County Clerk’s office to get their authentication fixed. After some frustrating moments with an incompetent employee at the Clerk’s office I was able to get everything loaded up and Cackie and I headed to Nashville.
We made it to Nashville in record time… and within minutes our I-171H was Secretary of State authenticated! We then found a FedEx box and sent the I-171H to a courier in DC who will take it to the State Dept and then on to the Chinese Embassy.
After that was done, Cackie & I headed to OpryMills where we were meeting my parents. We had a late lunch at the Rainforest Café and then wandered the mall for a while. Cackie enjoyed the time with her LaoLao & LaoYe. I think they enjoyed it too!
So, if timing is right, we should be getting all our documents back by Monday… Tuesday at the latest! This weekend is all about finishing up our pictures and getting ready to send off our dossier! We have a wonderful bottle of Champagne that just needs a special occasion… I think completing our dossier in less than 2.5 months is a perfect occasion!
Stay tuned, we’ll have a DTC date soon!

No comments: