Feb 6, 2007

Latest News

CCAI received 81 referrals last week for LID 9/28 - 10/13/05! Wow, a far cry from the 141 that were in Cackie's referral batch. But, it does show that the CCAA is at least moving along.



We're still waiting on our I-171H. This Thursday it will be 3 weeks since fingerprinting and I figure Friday should be 3 weeks since they received our homestudy. How much longer? Don't know right now. I know of a number of other people who are waiting on the Memphis office and were fingerprinted about the same time. Hopefully there will be a mass explosion of I-171H receipts and not a backlog.



Last week I sent off my birth certificate to the Chinese Consultate in NYC and Michael's birth certificate to the consulate in Houston. They should take between 15 & 20 days to get back to us. From that point those documents will be complete and I can send them to CCAI.



The other 10 documents that we currently have are at the US State Department in Washington, DC. Once I recieve those back I will turn them back around to the Chinese Embassy in DC. The State Dept has had them for a week now, so I'm hoping that they'll be returned today or tomorrow. Once we get those documents back from the Chinese Embassy they will be complete and ready to send to CCAI.



Then we will just need to rush the I-171H through the whole process and our dossier will be complete!

This weekend we are going to sit down and gather pictures and figure out how many more we need. Honestly that is the worst part of the dossier to me. We have to have 11 pictures with Michael & I both in them. That's hard to do!



On a personal level we have been blessed with our new puppies. Yes, puppies! We went to pick out our new guy and couldn't decide between the two that were left. The breeder made us a deal for both of them, so now we have two adorable Welsh Terriers! Jackson & Bruno are taking up quite a bit of time, but they are a lot of fun as well. Cackie really loves her puppies, except when they wake her up in the morning and when Bruno attacks her blanket!

I guess that's about it for now. I'll update when more info becomes available.

No comments: