Mar 3, 2007

Greetings from Sunny San Dego!

I'm in San Diego! It is beautiful here! The Enterprise System software that we use at St. Jude is having their annual conference here and I got to go from my department. Last year we went to Orlando for the same conference, but even with Disney, I think I'm going to like San Diego more. Did I mention that it's BEAUTIFUL here???!

I already miss my Cackiedoodle! This is the longest that I've ever been away from her and I still have 96+ hours to go! I had to leave for the airport at 6 this morning, so I went into her room and gave her kisses before I left. Poor Michael is such a light sleeper that he couldn't sleep through my getting ready and was up with me early on a Saturday morning.

I haven't done too much exploring yet. I got to my hotel around one local time and ordered some room service for lunch. Then I laid down and took a much needed nap. After getting a little rest I did go out walking a little bit in the Gas Lamp Quarter. I found a little convenience store where I picked up a bottle of wine (in California, must drink wine!) and some other necessities, then headed back to the hotel. Now, I'm sitting by the open window of my 14th floor hotel room listening to some funky instrumental music from the outdoor cafe down on the street, drinking a glass of chardonnay, waiting on a co-worker who was arriving this evening. She is on this trip by herself as well, and we're in the same hotel, so she's supposed to call when she get's in. I'm hoping she's hungry and we can go back to explore the Gas Lamp and find somewhere to eat. There looked to be lots of yummy places to choose from.

Tomorrow morning I have just a few training classes and then I intend to take it easy. Would love to get to the San Diego Zoo, but not sure if that will happen. I did find out that there is a San Diego Chinese Historical Museum that I'd love to visit for obvious reasons. I'm here just a few weeks too early... my hotel is actually connected to Petco Park, the home of the San Diego Padres. It looks so lonely right now! If it was baseball season, I would definitely have to go to a game!

Other than that, nothing new. No news from CCAI, so I suppose their still reviewing our dossier. Hopefully I get a DTC email at the end of next week.

No comments: