Jan 3, 2007

Sobering thoughts

I'll admit, I read the Rumor Queen website a lot. I don't always believe the rumors there, but at times she is at least on the right track. It was on her website that I first heard about the proposed changes by the CCAA and then again when the rumors were true and the changes were definite, I found out from Rumor Queen. Learning about the news there gave us a few extra days to contemplate a second adoption before our agency gave us official word. Those few extra days were very beneficial!

She does a lot of analysis on her website and that is where I gain the most benefit.

The other day she wrote a
post related to how long the wait is and how long it could get. Now that a new batch of referrals has arrived I wanted to do my own update of her thinking...

According to her figures, on October 3, 2005 (just 4 months after we got home from China) the CCAA had referred families with log in dates (LID) through March 15, 2005 (our LID for Cackie was 9/21/04). Today is 15 months later and this batch of referrals goes through LID of 9/27 or 9/28/05.


Here's how I think of it... On March 15, 2005 I take a leave of absence from work, but the whole time I'm gone work keeps piling up on my desk. I go back to work on September 27, 2005 after being gone for 6.5 months and all my work is there for me and I have to process every bit of it before I even look at the work that someone handed me as I walked in the door that morning. So, I dig in and start processing... processing... processing. Finally, I finish up with all the work that came in while I was gone and I look at the calendar... it's January 3, 2007 and I've been back at work for 15 months! It took me 15 months to process the amount of work received in 6.5 months. That's a lot of work!
What does this all mean for us, just starting our second adoption? No doubt, we will have a very long wait! My rough calculations... If our LID is 4/30/07, there will be anywhere between 580 (worst case, no more referrals between now & 4/30/07) and 529 (continue referring at current rate) LIDs ahead of us. Which comes out to a wait of 41 months! Sobering, isn't it?
All I can do is get our paperwork in ASAP and pray that things speed up!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Deanna,
I'm so glad you, Michael, and Cackie are going for it!! I'm sure Cackie is excited about her mei mei. Good luck on your journey. See you at the next FCC function!

Cheers,
Kim Y (almost done paperchasing for Megan Jean)
http://mamasladybug.blogspot.com