Jan 23, 2007

Moving forward

OK, so today Cackie went to school again. A lot less arguing than yesterday, so that was a good thing.



I had received approval on the documents that I was worried about, so that felt great. All our dossier documents are now prepared and ready to roll. Margaret at my office was wonderful enough to notarize what needed to be notarized, so one step down. Then I called the County Clerk and gave them the list of all our notaries that we needed certification for. At lunch I went down to the Clerk's office and had all our documents certified!!! Yay! Step two of five, done!


Then, I got all my copies made, etc. and prepared everything to go to Nashville. The package went off this evening! Hopefully I will have the documents back by the end of the week.


More progress!!!! We have a new dishwasher and this one works!!! Michael picked it up this evening and installed it. Hooray!!! I love my new dishwasher!!!


The only downer the last few days has been that we miss Guinness. We look out into the backyard and feel such a loss. We probably weren't always the best to him, but we loved him and we really miss him. I asked Michael to go out and move his bowl, just so I don't see it an expect him to run to it. Funny, how sometimes things just hit you and you feel sad.


Well, I couldn't help it... actually I don't know why I did it, but on Sunday I checked out the dog listing in the classifieds. There was an ad for Welsh Terriers, they look just like Airedales, just smaller. They are about 15 inches tall and 20 lbs. The perfect size dog for us. I told Michael about them and then didn't think about the ad until Monday. On Monday I went online to the newspaper ads and there was a more detailed description with pictures. I just about lost it when I read that the puppies were born on 11/25. That was Guinness' birthday!! Is this our doggie red thread??

Well, I called about the ad on Monday eve and found out that some puppies from the same sire live here in our neighborhood. Another red thread??? I gave Michael all the details to let him decide what to do.

Tonight he made his decision....
One of these sweet little guys will be ours on Saturday!!! I called the breeder and we'll meet her on Saturday morning to bring home our new puppy. We just can't deny it. We're dog people and we need another doggie around the house. We're still mourning Guinness, but maybe having a mini-guinney around will make it less painful. Cackie will get to grow up with a puppy, something that we wanted. Hopefully it will all be great, stay tuned to find out more.
That's it for now, if it's not enough for you.... sorry! lol!

No comments: