Jan 5, 2007

I not mean

We've been hearing this from Cackie a lot lately.
First, let me admit that we have always know that she is a very strong-willed little girl. From day one that was very obvious! Lately we have had our share of power struggles and recently for the first time she got "punished" and had to go stand in the corner.
Well, apparently she is exhibiting this same bossy, mean, "I want my way", "get out of my way" attitude with her friends at school. Her teacher and I have talked some about it, helping me stay up to date with what's going on, etc.
Well yesterday, one of her favorite teachers had to pull her aside and have a talk about being nice to her friends and her Mommy & Daddy. Cackie really loves this teacher, so I'm sure it sank in pretty well.
I asked her about her talk and she said "be nice to friends and Mommy & Daddy" (remember though, this is the same kid who admitted to my sister that she washed her hair in the toilet!), no problems admitting it, follow through is my worry. So, we had a long talk about being nice and good & bad. Explains why she keeps telling us that she's not mean... apparently she has been and the other kids have told her so!
Usually she gets pretty affectionate after she gets put in her place, which I took full advantage of. I love it when I say "I love you Cackie" and she says "I love you Mommy". I asked her if she would give Daddy a hug and tell him that she loves him when get got home from work. So, wouldn't you know that little squirt does just that! Get's up from watching Dora, runs to Michael and says "I give you hug Daddy". I almost had to mop up the puddle on the floor that was Daddy!
We're hoping for a good report from school today!

No comments: