Jan 5, 2007

Progress!

Yesterday we were able to get our police clearances knocked out, yay!
By no means was it a pleasant experience, go thru security and the jail waiting area... wait for our "NO WANTS" form... go to the building next door (in a good steady rain)... get sent away because I had more than one electronic device in my purse (my cellphone & my small camera, well cameras are not allowed... but, duh! both of our cell phones have cameras which were no problem??!!)...back to the car in the rain to drop off the camera... up to the office to get our notarized "no criminal history" letters... but wait, Michael's "NO WANTS" form is dated 2006, grrr! So, I waited for the nice lady to process our letters while Michael goes back to the jail to get a corrected form... he comes back with it and we go on our merry way! At least that part is now over!
We don't have Dr. appointments until Monday morning, but we were able to get the Dr. to order our lab tests and we'll go have those done today. The results should be back to the Dr. by Monday, so hopefully then we will have completed medical forms.
Tomorrow we take the pets for their vaccinations, so that will be another thing completed!
Then on Tuesday, Michael is going to go and get done the stuff to file for Cackie's TN birth certificate. Now, if I would only hear from CCAI about our application! If I don't hear something in the next few hours I'm going to call and leave a message. They had referrals yesterday, so I know that is where all their resources were focused.
Things are looking up today and I feel some relief. There's still a chance that we can get fingerprinted next week (keeping those fingers crossed!).

No comments: