Jan 23, 2007

Long overdue update

OK, so it's been a few days since I've updated. Be thankful. Last week was just a crappy week, if I had posted it would have been really depressing!

Here's what's happened since my last post...



Friday, January 12

We met with our social worker, got there a little late due to a flat tire on my car... grrr, we approved our home study and had our social worker send it off to our agency. Major, major progress here! In less than 30 days we have completed our homestudy! Whoo hoo!!

We also decided to go ahead and have the house listed back in the MLS (the listing had expired on 12/31/06). Not sure what we'll do if it sells, but we figure we'll give it a go and see what happens.



Saturday, January 13

Not much happened. Went out ran a few errands and hung out around the house.



Sunday, January 14

Went to church and then met Cackie's friends at the Memphis Symphony. Yes, the symphony! They have a wonderful program to introduce children to the symphony and all the girls had a great time. After the program we all went to Huey's to hang out and eat. The girls had soo much fun and all the mommies & daddies got to hang out & relax.



Monday, January 15

Cackie & I were off for the Martin Luther King holiday. We had someone come see the house that morning, but we were home in the afternoon. Had a scare driving around town, came way too close to getting run over by a black Volvo, but we survived and were able to go home and get some rest that afternoon.

Great news! CCAI has approved our homestudy!! We're oh so close to getting fingerprinted!



Tuesday, January 16

Back to work and school. Cackie was a little warm this morning and we were worried that she was coming down with something. My mom came to town this evening and totally enjoyed visiting with Cackie. For some reason we lost power twice tonight??? Of course, it happened while we were cooking dinner. Thank goodness we have a gas stove and Michael had just installed the gas logs in the living room! Cackie was still this evening and I'm really worried.



Wednesday, January 17

Mom stayed home with Cackie in the morning while I went to work. Her fever was right around 100.5, but totally abnormal for her and I wanted to keep her home and see what was going on. After I came home and Cackie laid down for nap I called SEARS to find out about our dishwasher. Nothing had been done about... I couldn't find one person who knew anything about what was going on! GRRRR! Finally I was able to find someone who would order us a new dishwasher. It's supposed to be in on the 22nd, we'll wait and see. Cackie's fever shot up this evening. Something is definitely going on. This is only her 3rd fever since she's been home, so I really don't have a lot of experience with this. We keep treating the symptoms and see what happens.



Thursday, January 18

Cackie woke us up at 4:30 am, crying with a fever around 102. I get up to take care of her (Michael has to get Zack to work in W Memphis by 7am, so I let him sleep a little longer). I give Cackie some meds and make up the futon downstairs so that I can lay down with her and give her some loving. Michael decided that it would be best for him to lay down on the futon while Cackie and I lay down upstairs uninterrupted. We laid down for a few minutes, just got settled when Michael came upstairs. He sat on the bed and told me that Guinness was dead. Guinness was our 8 year old Aeirdale Terrier. Last year, just before Christmas, he was very sick and had a mass on his spleen. We had his spleen and the mass removed to find out that it was a very agressive angiosarcoma. He was given 3 -4 months to live. He made it 13 months and 1 day. We are devastated, really no way to explain the loss that we feel. Guinney was our protector, he stunk and was way too hyper, but we loved him with all our hearts. We'll never forget you, "Guinney the Face".

So, I tried to go back to sleep, but it's hard at 5:30 in the morning when your doggie just died. Cackie and I got up and went to the sick clinic at her doctor's office. Just a virus, but it was good to have her checked to be sure.

We stayed home until just after noon, just resting and watching movies. After lunch Michael came and picked us up. We went and picked up our home study and then went and got fingerprinted. Quick and painless! Yahoo! Another step taken care of.



Friday, January 19

Cackie still has a fever. Along with runny nose and cough, we're having a great time!

Michael stayed home with her most of the day so that I could get some work done.

Animal control came and picked up Guinness today. I'm glad I wasn't home for that.



Saturday, January 20

I had to go into work for an ITS issue. It was planned, but still too long and I didn't want to be away from home. I did get some time to work on our dossier documents, so not completely unproductive.

Cackie still had a fever, but was feeling better by the end of the day. I wasn't feeling so great and actually fell asleep on the couch!



Sunday, January 21

Cackie is feeling better! I was REALLY starting to get worried about her.

Our realtor called this morning and someone wanted to come see the house this afternoon. We busted our butts to get the house clean and get out in time. Not much the rest of the day. Cackie feeling much better! I did email one of our documents to CCAI for their approval, just waiting to hear their response. I also prepared our birth certificates to be sent of to the Secretaries of State in PA & TX. Will do that tomorrow.

Monday, January 22
Cackie went back to school!! Yahoo!
Mailed off the birth certificates, hope to have them back ASAP.
Is the dishwasher in today? Didn't have a chance to get over there. We'll do that tomorrow.

That's as far as I'll go in this post. I'll talk about today in another post...

No comments: