Jun 2, 2007

Memorial Day weekend

I've been trying to post this for 2 days... grrr! Our internet connection at home has been spotty at best and every time I try to do something from there it takes forever! Ever since our new cable provider took over we've had problems that make me want to scream. They're coming out this week to see if they can fix it.

So, I'm going to write my message and post the pictures later!

We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. We were VERY busy, but we had a great time.

On Friday night Cackie & I went shopping to get some stuff for the weekend and she was really well behaved. I think it's the first time in months that she had been to Walmart with me, so I was a bit worried. She's definitely growing up and her good behavior that night was just another sign of that.

On Saturday morning she & I went to a birthday party for one of her friends at school. It was a perfect party for 3 year olds. They had a huge moonwalk boucey for the kids and they loved it.

Then, on Saturday night we went to the Memphis Sunset Symphony, sort of. I had a huge picnic planned and we loaded up the truck with Cackie's wagon & stroller and we headed downtown to the park where the symphony is held. We get down there to the gate and security tells us that we can't take in any glass, anything sharp, etc. None of this was advertised, so we had a bottle of wine with us, a knife for our cheese, a wine bottle opener, salsa jars, etc. We were pretty peeved that we packed everything up and went down there just to find out that we would have to get rid of half our picnic. So, we protested and went up on the bluff to a small park and set up our picnic there. It wasn't long before other people started to join us and we ended up having a perfect picnic. We could easily hear the symphony and the Temptations who were there to perform with the symphony. Tamela & Gili joined us and the girls had a wonderful time. They danced for hours and had the best time.

On Sunday we worked around the house and met the gang for pizza before heading over to the zoo for a member's party. We love the member's parties at the zoo and this one was really great. The weather was nice and we got to spend a nice leisurely night walking around. Before we left we all hung out near the entrance and danced with the girls to the live band. I think my arms are still tired from picking Cackie up! After the zoo we headed over to get some ice cream. Cackie is just like her Mommy... she loves ice cream!

Monday we spent the day at home just trying to get stuff done. I worked on a quilt, Michael worked on his brick sidewalk and Cackie messed up her room.... good day!

No comments: