Jan 15, 2008

Other news

Here’s the update that I started earlier today… now I should be just about caught up!
I know it’s been a while since I’ve updated (Yes, it seems all my posts start this way…). We’ve really been super busy and a lot has happened. It’s all combined to keep me away from my computer for days at a time.
First we were trying to get back into our routine after the new year. Cackie was back in school and work picked up for both Michael and I. On the first Friday of the new year, cackie spent the night with Michael’s mom so we took advantage and went to the Tigers game that Saturday. We had a great time, just the two of us…OK, we went with some friends but it was like the days before we had Cackie and sometimes it’s nice to have that freedom for a couple of hours.
That Sunday we spent the entire day putting up the Christmas decorations and starting the reorganization of the house. We were able to redo the setup in our living area and move some of Cackie’s toys into the living area to free up some space in her room. None of it is ideal, but it will work for now. We also reconfigured the furniture in our home office to give us some space to move my sewing/crafts supplies into there. This past weekend we were able to get more of the basement cleaned out, again making some storage space, and I was able to get all of my sewing stuff into the home office and even spent a couple of hours going through and cleaning out things that were no longer needed. We’re almost ready to move the spare bed into Cackie’s room to free up the room that will become Cackie & Owens. YAY! Last week I ordered quilts for the new room and they should be here any day now. I’m anxious for them to get here so that I can start working on paint colors. I have some ideas in my head, but I need some time to put them together.
The other big thing lately (besides the job thing that I wrote about earlier) is that two weeks from today I’m having sinus surgery. I had my first appt with an ENT about a month ago, he changed up my meds some and wanted me to follow up with a CT last week. So, Wednesday I went in had the CT and then had an appointment with the doc. He reviewed my CT with me and showed me where I have polyps on both sides of my sinuses and how that where they are situated they are basically keeping the infection in my head. He also stuck a small camera in my nose and said that I have a partially deviated septum. All this together adds up to why I keep getting sick so often. My sinuses just won’t drain and the infection stays, even with some pretty strong meds. So, my only real option is to have surgery to fix the septum so that he can get into the sinuses and clear out the polyps.
I felt a huge sense of relief as the doc explained everything to me. I’m not imagining what I’ve been feeling, especially the being tired all the time. He says that the tiredness the irritableness, even the dark spot under my eyes are all symptoms of what is happening to me. So, now hopefully the surgery will go well and all this will be behind me. I was really relieved to be able to schedule the surgery so quickly. I want to be as healed as I can be when we get on that 16 hour plane ride and hopefully the bad air in China won’t bother me as bad this time as it did before.
So, the next two weeks may be kinda hectic around here, but I’ll be home for a week recovering from surgery and should find some time then to do some blogging.

No comments: