Jan 28, 2008

Chinese New Year

I wrote this over the weekend and forgot to post (will add pics later)...



We had a busy week and last weekend, but we’ve had soo much FUN!
Last Saturday was our FCC Chinese New Year Celebration and Cackie had a blast! It was a little early this year, but we had to accommodate other CNY events and it worked perfect for us. From the minute we got there Cackie was off on her own and hard to tie down. Such a social butterfly she is!
She & I had some professional portraits taken in our silks, I can’t wait to get them (Michael forgot to wear his silk, so he got excluded).



On Sunday we did some rearranging and I went out and got some shopping done. The soon to be kids room is almost cleaned out and now Cackie had a king sized bed all to herself! She looks lost in it, but thinks its soo cool!
Monday she & I both had off for the MLK holiday and we both had dentist appointments. I had to have a crown replaced (long story there) and they were running overtime, so Cackie went off with the hygienist and before I knew it she was done. I missed the whole first dental cleaning L. Oh, well! The hygienist said she was great, but wanted to do everything herself.
Then after the dentist we had lunch with Michael and headed home for nap. I did a whole bunch of things around the house while she napped, it was great. I got the majority of Owen’s next care package together and finally got that sent off on Thursday.
I had a pretty busy week at work. It was the last week that my old boss was there and HR was soo helpful to speed up the process to let my new boss start before the old one left. So, we essentially had two bosses for the week. I know that the new boss knows about the situation that happened with me not getting that position and my director has advised me to be completely honest with him about it. We didn’t actually see too much of new boss all week, but the little interaction that I had with him I worry that he thinks I’m upset with him. On Monday if I get to discuss it with him I want to tell him that it’s the system that sucks and I don’t have any beef with him. It’s not his fault that I didn’t get the job. But, that if he really wants me to like him he will work with me and give me the training that I need to move to the next step.
We did have a big announcement that some restructuring will take place. Basically three new people have been added to my little area under new boss. I like these three people and think we will make an awesome team all together, not just producing good work, but they have great personalities and we will have fun while working. That’s HUGE for me, I can’t be bored while I work!
I didn’t hear any more from the headhunter that I had been in contact with and I pretty much figured that the job market is soo tight right now that I wouldn’t hear from anyone else either. But, late Friday afternoon there was a message on the answering machine from one of the places that I submitted my resume to. I have to decide this weekend what I want to tell them when I call. I really do love my job and the people there. There are soo many positives about it that I would really hate to lose and the thought of having to establish myself for 6 years somewhere else is really exhausting. But, I have totally gotten screwed once that I’m not sure if I should believe them when they tell me that the new restructuring plan includes future growth opportunities for me. I have another day or so to think about it and decide what to do.
Today I had plans to start painting the kids bathroom, but I don’t think I’m going to get to it. The kids in Cackie’s class have had everything from the sniffles to strep throat to the flu and they’ve been so kind to share it with us. We just have a viral bug that’s been going around, but we’re pretty worn down. I don’t need to be pushing myself so close to my surgery, so I really need to keep things low key for the next few days and I need Michael feeling well, too.
My parents are on the way here, they are coming to spend the week and help out with things while I’m recovering from my surgery. It will be a huge help to know that Michael doesn’t need to be stressed about me being home alone and worrying about leaving work to pick up Cackie and all. Cackie of course, is totally excited about her LaoLao & LaoYe coming to be here with her. She can’t wait for them to take her to her gymnastics lesson and pick her up from school. If we can keep her whining down, it should be a good week!

No comments: