Aug 29, 2007

High Five!




Well, we're now officially 5 months into the wait. Cackie celebrated today by giving us the high five!

Congrats to our friend Kim on her 5 month LID-aversary today as well.

Five months have really flown, we really can't believe that we've already been waiting 5 months. Hopefully the rest of our wait will fly just as quickly.

I've been meaning to post an update, life has just been busy. I had 3 weeks off of school and took full advantage of the time off. I even took two days off of work to work on "stuff" around the house. Good news is that we almost have the camper ready! I have some curtains to sew and cushion covers for the kitchen area (Kim, don't run... I may be calling you for help/advice!) But that's just cosmetic stuff, in reality we have some cleaning and then we'll be ready to roll. I spent a whole day working on cleaning out stuff around the house, it was cleansing both mentally and physically!

Work for both Michael & I has been pretty hectic and it doesn't seem to be dying down. Now, on top of my increasing work schedule I started back with a new class this week. Hopefully it will be less hectic this time since the semester is longer than in the summer. I'm taking an accounting class this semester, so it should be easier for me, lol! Hopefully I'll remember some of what I studied for the CPA! :::fingers crossed::::

We've been dealing with crap from the PIA (pain in the @$$) loser step son. He's trying to get whatever he can out of us, not much lately, telling MAJOR lies, etc... we're pretty much just plain tired of his crap. He started a new job today. Prayers that he keeps it and stays reasonably sober are much appreciated! It's a LOOOONNNNGGG story... one that has been going on for the whole 11 years that Michael & I have been together. It wears us out and get's really old.

Then, on top of all the other stuff that we've been dealing with, my car is in the shop again for the 2nd time in 2 weeks. It looks like a bad engine issue that is a common problem with that model year car. I don't drive a lot at all... we've had the car 5 yrs 9 mos and it has about 48k miles, so a major engine issue should NOT be a problem! We're going to contact the manufacturer to see what we can do, but after reading stuff on the internet we're not hopeful. GRRRR! This really SUCKS!!!

When it rains it pours!

Two positives right now... we've got 5 months of wait behind us and football season starts this weekend! Go Tigers! Go Vols! I can't wait to celebrate football this weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, what a picture..she rocks!

RamblingMother said...

I tagged you for a middle name meme. Don't forget.

Beverly

Hafiz said...

I have finished changing the template to 3 column. Click here and follow the same instructions as before.

Contact me if there is a problem with this layout. I have tested it on Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 6 and 7 :)